Sunday, October 15, 2006

Ready to settle down at 24?

I had another "settle down" conversation with a friend. He was just happily telling me about his new relationship and I ranted about my bad taste in men:

Him: hi pareh

Me: Hi

H: How's it going?

M: Bruho ka namiss kita!

H: di nako single...

M: OMG!!!!!! Sino sino?

M: Ako shit papaka single nalang ako forever. Sobrang crap mga boys! I like swear to god!

H: ahahaha thats cause u need men not boys

M: Alam mo I think I have really bad taste in men. I usually have like a couple of good choices but I end up with the rotten ones.

H: well, statistically your bound to get a good one

M: Work work work. Tutal I plan to migrate...so useless din magbuild ng relationship at this point.

H: tama ako bahala na may plans din family to migrate pero kung seryoso na tlgaw0oly nasa age na naman ako magpakasal eh

M: You're scary... Actually I have 2 of you that are scary. Alam mo yung may word na na kasal...

H: i dont really want to but alam mo un its always an option

M: But why is it an option if you didn't want to? Hehe pero my other friend is like so sure na...she told me...you know I'm ready to settle down...and I'm like " What?" Are you serious?! You're 23!!!

H: i dont want to cause i dont know anyone that could be ..pero if i did meet someone

M: That's great man...besides my friend always said if you dont see yourself spending a lifetime with the person your with then you're wasting your time.

Whew. How come I have friends telling me they wanna settle down at 24 are you really ready? I think my problem is that I am not contented with what I have most times even if I have so much and that I feel that I camn achieve so much more. Either that or I have achieved nothing and they already achieved so much. Darn it!

Oh yeah, I'm turning 24 soon. I have a feeling of dread...another year older...and I can't say I've been happy the year that passed. But now I have a chance to be. Anyway...I was thinking of inviting some friends, limited actually, for pizza...but I dont think they can come...there's been a huge "scam" in the group and it's really sad we're like this. Darn.

No comments: