Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day One.

Chronicling day one of being miles away from my love. I started to cry the minute the plane started to back out of the concourse and out to the runway. Soon after the tears started falling, I fell asleep. I woke up and the captain was announcing lunch. I waited for my food and after eating I stared out my cabin window into the pitch black skies and started to cry again. I started to wonder why and what I was doing on that plane. I didn't have to go home. But everything had been too late for me to do anything about it. Stupid decisions had been made.

I fell asleep, and when I woke up we were approaching Guam and will be served breakfast. After refueling, we headed on to Manila. The final destination, and I started to fall into depression. I was able to sleep again and when I stirred we were 45 minutes from Manila. It's real. I am about to go back to my family, but I felt so out of place. I am not home. Home is not where he is not.

On our initial approach, I started to cry. I started to wish that I wasn't on that plane. I wish I could go back. Where I'd be home again. Argh. When we finally stopped at the gate people started clapping and I can only shake my head, and lower my head in sadness.

This is just day one...what will days 2 - 364 look like?

No comments: