Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's nearly the end.

Boy, 2006 is probably my best and worst year. It was a year full of lessons, oppurtunities and I must say that I will never be who I am today if it were not for everything that I learned and that happened to me this year. Grateful as I am I still cringe at the sight of myself the first quarter of the year. I still cringe when I remember how down I was. How people pitied me at my lowest, and how some of them helped me. Some lessons I learned:

~ Friends come in the most unexpected way. - There are people in my life now that I never really got the chance to get to know if it not had been for that great grief that I let myself wallow into for awhile. There are also people in my life whom I may not have known my whole life but also helped me become a better person by imparting lessons and listening to my endless whining.

~ Drugs doesn't solve anything. - Although it had been quite a euphoric experience, no I didn't try anything remotely over the top drugs, it was still a very bad habit. I stuck to weed, v and shrooms. And since that part of my life is over and done with then it's over.

~ Push yourself to be on top always. - Not because you want to be ahead of everyone else, or because you're competing with someone, but because you want to be able to push yourself to your limit. To see that you're good enough. Don't limit yourself, especiallu if presented with oppurtunities to blossom.

~ Just because someone treated you unfairly, it is not reason for you to treat him poorly as well. - Yes, think of karma. You're not earning good karma. Don't repay evil deeds with more evil ones. Because they will pay it forward. HEHE I will stop from being evil already. Swear.

~ Don't complicate your life. - Pray, do your best and God will do the rest. Don't always think that life is hard, unfair and complicated. Sometimes it is the choices we make that complicate our lives.

~ It's okay to set standards, to raise the bar. - You of all people would know what you deserve and what you don't deserve.

*I must try not to forget to write a thank you by the year ends. HEHE This is one bitchin' thanks!

No comments: