Tuesday, December 12, 2006

We make life complicated.

My mom once told me "Life is simple. You pray, do your best and hope for the best. It is us who make it hard and complicated." She's right. I realized that I made myself miserable the past few days when it's so easy to be happy. I swear I laughed at this realization last night.

It's easy I just loop all my Backstreet Boys songs and it takes me back to the time where in buying the latest issue of Bop or Big Bopper was the only thing that mattered to me. Remebering those years brings back fond memories. I always wished that life were that simple. But life is still simple it is us who brings complications, depression and angst into our lives. Then we immediately blame "life" for being a bitch. And yes, I've done that loads of times.

I will now try to uncomplicate my life. I guess it's time I stop trying to get everything that I wanted. Because we all know that not everything you want is good for you. Instead, just count my blessings. And teach myself to be contented with what I have and can't have.

New year's resolutions:
1. Uncomplicate my life.
2. Go to church on sundays.
3. Lose weight.

Those look like doable resolutions, dont they?

1 comment:

manel said...

Complications brings forth wisdom. If life were that simple, then there's nothing to basically learn, realize. Nothing will nurture.

Just sometimes things get TOO complicated when emotions are involved. I just realized that we have to let it all in rica. Feel that moment of confusion, loneliness whatever. Dont be afraid. When that moment halts, everything will be fresh.brand new.less complicated that yesterday.