Friday, September 26, 2008

A New Light.

For the longest time I've never really been friends with my mom. I saw her as someone who liked manipulating me to do things to her biding. I'm going through one of the hardest things I have to go through in my life. And even if I could talk to my friends I couldn't find the comfort I was looking for. And as ashamed as I am to confess to my mom the truth, I wanted to try.

So I called her and told her everything that has happened. Everything. I told her how all this madness started, the annulment, the pictures, the news that a friend of mine told me, the girl who emailed me and most importantly I told her what I did.

Of course she was shocked. I expected her to tell me that "Well, maybe you are not meant to be with him." She didn't, instead she told me that there is nothing I could do about it. But to wait. We'll wait and see how it goes when I go home, if we have that talk. And she told me to be careful and not to put myself in situations like that anymore. I deserved better than to be used like that. And when she said this I knew she wasn't talking about Francis.

For the first time in my life, I appreciated my mom for being who she is. And hopefully, I can start being a better child to her and my dad. I know that they also deserve to see me at my best.

No comments: