Monday, September 22, 2008

Re-learning The Alchemist.

"...before a dream is realized, the Soul of the World tests everything that was learned along the way. It does this not because it is evil, but so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we've learned as we've moved towards the dream. That's the point at which most people give up. Its the point at which, as we say in the language of the desert, one 'dies of thirst just when the palm trees have appeared on the horizon."
- The alchemist, The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho

Well, isn't that so true. I'm almost there, I'm almost home but then I feel him becoming more and more distant. And I feel within me the resignation. The exasperation, of just seeing how things are going awry. I hope I get through it. I hope WE get through it.

"It is said that the darkest hour of the night came just before dawn."
- The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho

No comments: