Thursday, July 10, 2008

Heaven.

I just put down my copy of The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom. It was a good story. But kinda over rated for all the raves I got for it. Although it wasn't bad. It was good. The chapter that touched me most was when he was with his wife, Marguerite. It was heart wrenching. Is that what true love is? That when the person you loved has gone they can still feel the love that you had for them in after life.

"Life has to end." She said. "Love doesnt."

I think I rather like that kind of love. If heaven is like what the story says it is then I will not take my own life, like I sometimes want to, so I can have my own choice of what kind of heaven I want to live in.

If I could choose it: I would choose a heaven that is peaceful where I sit in a bench cozied up to the one I love. Where we are safe from the beatings of the cruel world. Where we are safe from people who wants to see us apart. And I will wait for him there.

No comments: